Cooking in season is in vogue. And to make the fun last even longer, there is nothing like jars! Bean pistachio, artichoke pickle, strawberry jam… Here are three recipes against waste and super gourmet, imagined by Mauro Colagreco, one of the best chefs in the world.
Eat in seasonis to consume responsibly. A mantra that three-star chef Mauro Colagreco offers a la carte menu daily at his Mirazur restaurant in Menton (the best voted table in the world). If booking a table is not an easy task, the good news is that you can encounter this dedicated chef… while shopping at the Casino ! The French distribution brand has really called her for her campaign “The real good taste of spring”. On the menu? The best fruits and vegetables from local producers cooked in jars. What to enjoy with their tastes, even at the end of the season …
1. Easy recipe: for aperitif, psmall purple artichokes in jars
- 200 g small purple artichokes
- White soul vinegar
- Olive oil
- 1 fennel
- Garni bouquet
- Cut the tails of the small artichokes and then turn them over.
- Whiten the artichokes for 3 minutes in boiling water with vinegar then we cut them into quarters.
- Cook the garlic in a saucepan with a little olive oil.
- Add the artichokes, fennel cut into small squares and garnish bouquet. Arrange them with salt and pepper then let them simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture while it is still hot in a pre-sterilized jar, alternating a layer of artichokes, a little olive oil then thyme.
- Turn the jar upside down to create a vacuum and optimize storage.
2. Expressed recipe: to accompany a salad or a plate of pasta, pistou of bean and basil beans
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500 g of green beans
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 70 gr whole almonds without salt
- 70 gr parmesan shavings
- Olive oil
- Whisk the bean beans for 3 minutes in boiling water.
- Cut approximate bleached beans.
- Prepare pesto by mixing (or pressing with mortar) bleached green beans, basil, minced garlic, almonds and parmesan chips.
- Add the olive oil little by little, until you get the desired consistency. Add salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately or store in a sterilized jar.
3. Sweet recipe: for breakfast, cstrawberry jam, mint, lemon and ginger
- 1 kg of strawberries
- 250 gr powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 piece of ginger of 10 g
- 1 lemon
- Some mint branches (about 50 g)
- Wash and wait strawberry in the neighborhood.
- We mix them in a pot with sugar and gingerfor 30 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and peel as well as the mint and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring. until a homogeneous consistency is obtained.
- Pour the hot jam into sterilized jars.
Psst, keep an eye out for shopping ! from beautiful jarsare placed near these seasonal fruits and vegetables, currently on sale in all casinos in France. Very smart, right?