Kids love crepes and pancakes, but there are plenty of creative ideas to make their favorite breakfast even more delicious and fun. By filling the petals with a good homemade dye and lots of fresh seasonal fruits, you will be able to take your baby’s food to another level. One thing is for sure, disguising the pancakes as animals and turning the pancakes into an unusual and colorful snack will end up encouraging the little ones to eat more variety while having fun. Read and discover without delay our ideas for original crepes and pancakes that will surely satisfy your little gourmets.
A delightful bear pancake to prepare for kids as breakfast
Your kids will be delighted to start the day with a large plate of pancakes, arranged in the shape of a delightful teddy bear. The good news is that the realization is extremely simple and you can even prepare your favorite pancake recipe. Start with a large pancake for the belly, a medium pancake for the head and add four smaller pancakes for the legs. Add the banana slices to make the ears and muzzle, accompany them with two blueberries as eyes and a grape as nose. Chop a strawberry to make an original bow tie and add a round slice of cheese to your liking for the belly. Kids will love the combination of fresh fruit and cheese with delicious pancakes.
Easy and unusual pancake ideas: try these rolls with almond and banana butter
The following idea will save you rushed morning or afternoon after school. These are delicious rolls and very easy to make, which your kids will not be able to resist. In fact, they are pancakes wrapped, smeared with almond butter and banana slices. A delicious and satisfying snack that takes only half an hour to prepare and seconds to swallow. You can replace the almond butter with any homemade tincture to your liking or prefer other seasonal fruits depending on your baby’s taste.
Pancake-based tacos filled with yogurt and fresh fruit
What better way to serve pancakes than these delicious tacos full of color and flavor? This snack is healthy and fun for both children and adults. Pancakes filled with fruit and yogurt are quick and easy to make, but also infinitely customizable.
- 150 gr flour for all uses
- 325 ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons. in s. melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 C. c. vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons. in s. plain yogurt
- 1 C. c. maple syrup
- 3 bananas
- 3 handfuls of fruit
1. Add the flour, milk, butter, egg and vanilla to your mixer bowl and mix until it becomes a homogeneous mass.
2. Heat a large skillet and grease the bottom.
3. Add 3 tablespoons. in s. of dough, roll the pan to spread the dough in a thin circle. Cook for about 1 minute until the pancakes are golden brown, then turn gently and cook for about 30 seconds.
4. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
5. Mix yogurt and maple syrup in a bowl and set aside.
Peel a banana and grate it.
7. Add half a banana to each pancake and then add the fruit to your liking. Add maple yoghurt on top and fold the crepe in half to form a “taco”. So !
Pancakes with owl for children
Are you looking for a tasty and enjoyable breakfast idea for your kids? Our next idea will definitely suit you. All you have to do is prepare your children’s favorite pancakes, which you will then turn into cute owls. Now the fun part. Spread the pancakes with peanut butter. Cut 4 banana slices and place on top of the pancakes like eyes and add two blueberries in the middle (for owl). Cut 2 strawberries in half (you need four triangles) – they will act as wings. Add 2 small strawberry triangles just below the eyes for the beaks. Scatter about ten blueberries on the plate to add an extra serving of fruit.
Skewers with mini pancakes and fruit for children
These mini pancake skewers are healthy and easy to prepare. They are perfect to eat with your fingers, which makes them perfectly suitable for children. Garnish with fresh berries the size of a bite. The idea is creative and very tasty and can inspire you for your child’s birthday menu or even for a kids party.
- 1 medium egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour / whole wheat flour
- 1 C. in s. sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons. in s. unsalted butter, melted
- ½ spoon. c. ground cinnamon
- 1 C. c. quality vanilla extract
- 1 cup small, washed strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries, washed
- ½ cup raspberries, washed
- 1 medium banana, cut into thin slices
1. Prepare the dough for the pancakes by mixing all the ingredients except the fruit.
2. Pour the paste into a squeezing bottle with a narrow neck. Squeeze the bottle to make the mini pancakes you need to cook in a suitable pan.
3. Once all the pancakes are ready, start piercing them on cocktail sticks, alternating them with fruit.
Serve with maple syrup.
A bowl filled with cereal-style mini pancakes
Kids just won’t be able to resist this delicious idea of being seen and chewed. A bowl of cereal-style mini pancakes is the perfect Saturday morning breakfast, not just for kids, but for their parents as well. The good news is that there are no rules to follow – the perfect recipe depends on your preferences and it is even possible to personalize it whenever you prepare it. Do not hesitate to decorate your mini-pancakes with fresh seasonal fruits, honey or maple syrup, peanut butter or almonds, homemade jam, etc.