To accompany the good New Year resolutions, chef Fabrice Mignot has developed a detox soup recipe to share around the fireplace or TV.
Ingredients. Cauliflower soup: 1 cauliflower, 50 cl coconut milk, 50 cl water, 10 gr fresh turmeric, 3 g salt, 3 g Espelette pepper, 40 g buckwheat. Crispy vegetables with pomegranate: 2 carrots, 1 raw red beet, 1 pomegranate and 2 cl pomegranate juice, 1 lemon, 3 cl olive oil, 3 gr salt, 3 gr Espelette pepper.
Cauliflower soup: Cut the cauliflower into small heads and wash. In a saucepan pour the water and coconut milk. Add the cauliflower. Cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Using a cut spoon, remove the cauliflower and place in the bowl of a blender. Mix, adding turmeric and milk during cooking, to get the right consistency. Arrange with Espelette salt and pepper.
Crushing pomegranate vegetables: Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Open the pomegranate and collect the grains. Mix the 3 ingredients. In a bowl mix the olive oil, Espelette pepper, salt, pomegranate juice and lemon juice. Pour this vinegrette over the vegetables and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Clothing: In a deep dish toss the cauliflower soup in the middle of the dish. Add the vegetables on top and sprinkle with the buckwheat seeds.
Ten Fabrice food orders for 2022
1. The less meat, the better you will eat. Join the flexibility community to enjoy less meat and more unconscious vegetables.
2. In the local market you will help yourself. To favor seasonal products, a market trip once a week allows you to change your shopping cart and book preparatory tips.
3. Bio you will be looking for. Occitanie is the main organic region in France with a quarter of the country farms and its product range is XXL in size.
4. The legumes you will discover. To increase the protein portion of the dish, lentils, split peas, quinoa, beans, spelled, pumpkin seeds and hemp are chosen partners.
5. The part of sugar you will reduce. During baking, using ripe fruit lowers sugar, also lighten your homemade jams and check the sugar proportions on commercial breakfasts.
6. You will open biodynamic or natural wines. The first wine region in France, Occitanie is also in the lead for organic wines with the small green label …
7. Collector, you will become again. Wild asparagus, chestnuts, dandelions, mushrooms, berries, etc .: nature is full of resources to make a lucrative Sunday walk. Provided you control the edibleness of the crop.
8. You will cook together. Cooking is not a daily chore when doing a family or friendly activity among roommates. And it is less difficult than in the past, thanks to robots that do almost everything …
9. Group cooking that you will practice. We are sorry for the anglicism, but the practice, already in progress in the family, is available internationally: by making a dish, increase the doses to feed the following days and recycle the ingredients. It’s good for the “bowl” of the week.
10. Small pleasures, you will have. Desire for a burger, craving for pizza, dreaming of kiche? Prepare at home, they will often be better, and always less fatty, less salty than in fast or frozen foods …