After showing us how to cook without fat and we have compiled the greatest classics of French cuisine, Jean-Francois Trap celebrates vegetarian cuisine in her new cookbook. Published by publications Kitchen with lidthis work called Zero Meat Zero Fish collects 50 recipes. While you wait for its release on June 1st, here is a preview of the 100% Vegetable Beef Blanket.
Recipe for Zero Meat beef blanket by Jean-François Piège
For 2 people
Preparation time: 30 min
-600 g green vegetables (green asparagus, beans, beans, broccoli, peas, etc.)
-1 bunch of spring onions
-60 g of semi-salted butter
-100 g button mushrooms
-1.5 cl of vegetable broth with vegetables
-10 cl double cream
-1 egg yolk
-1 squeeze lemon juice
-100 g baby spinach
-1 bolt of olive oil
– Fresh herbs of your choice
-Salt and pepper from the mill
1. In a cold saucepan place the white onions, asparagus, broccoli tops (all previously washed) and some butter stamps.
2. Salt, cover and steam over low heat.
3. Once the vegetables have started to sweat, add the beans and mushrooms. Lightly salt.
4. Add the rest of the vegetables except the spinach. When the vegetables are cooked, take them out.
5. Drizzle with vegetable juice and reduce by half.
6. Add the cream and let it boil.
7. Add the egg yolk and simmer over low heat. Add the lemon juice, then pepper the mill. Filter the sauce using a sieve.
8. Arrange the vegetables, add some raw spinach leaves. Emulsify the sauce with a dipping blender and pour over the vegetables with 1 olive oil and fresh herbs.